Thursday, December 10, 2009

Computer Science, a dead end major

What's been on my mind is my future. I used to think majoring in computer science would mean I was set for the future. I was totally wrong. Chances are, a computer programmer works in a cubicle until their 40's and might be promoted to a project manager.

I'll face it, I'm quite realistic. I know I can't be successful without hard work, nor will I somehow make that crazy 120K salary my cousin made before she even hit her 30's. Computer science is not an automatic success, sure it gives you a higher chance of getting a job and money, but it really has set wages.

Guess what? James Nguyen's dad has a fucking master's degree in software engineer. What does he do? A computer repair shop. Now... that ain't me. Business sounds good, but I know I'm not a business person just from personal experience. (easily tricked, not money driven, not a quick thinker, etc etc)

Also found out my friend has been smoking for more then 4 years. Wow.. I really hate cigerattes.. I don't know why. I'm really happy to know that she is trying to quit. I remember seeing some chart saying cigarettes are more addicting then cocaine and heroin. LOLWAT. I guess I've learned from past experiences that if a friend who smokes a little starts going through problems/depression, you better not let them fucking smoke, or they are fucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment